A Little Family History at Silverwood Toyota
Silverwood Toyota is a member of the Ulmer Auto Group.
The Ulmer Auto Group’s beginnings date back in 1941 when Joe Ulmer, father to Doug and Ross, joined the parts department of Boyd Bros General Motors in North Battleford. In 1955 Joe Ulmer became General Manager, and in 1973 he became Dealer Principle.
- Doug Ulmer joined the business in 1974.
- Ross Ulmer joined the business in 1980.
- In 1983 Doug Ulmer became dealer principle of Boyd Bros.
- In 1984 a new building opened on Hwy 4 North in North Battleford. The business changed it’s name to Ulmer Chevrolet Oldsmobile Cadillac Ltd.
- In 1986 Rainbow Toyota opened in North Battleford to become the first expansion of the Ulmer Auto Group.
- In 1987 Doug and Ross purchased the Chevrolet Oldsmobile dealership in Lloydminster, and Ross became Dealer Principal, beginning our family’s relationship with Lloydminster and area.
- In 1993 Doug and Ross opened Silverwood Toyota in a 5500 sq. ft. facility immediately to the north of Ulmer Chevrolet Lloydminster with Ross Ulmer as Dealer Principle.
- In the fall of 2006 Silverwood Toyota expanded into a new (and still current) location on College Drive with Dennis Oborowsky as General Manager. Dennis is a lifelong team member and friend of the Ulmer Family.
- In 2007 Danny Ulmer, son of Doug Ulmer, joined Silverwood Toyota as Assistant General Manager.
- In 2009 Silverwood Toyota expanded again by opening a Used Vehicles Facility which includes an aftermarket shop installing Armaguard Spray-on Bedliners, 3M paint protection film, detailing, window tint, paintless dent removal and more!
- In fall of 2013 Dennis Oborowsky retired from a life-long career with the Ulmer Auto Group. Danny Ulmer became General Manager of Silverwood Toyota.
- There you have it! From Joe Ulmer in 1941 to current day. We are very proud of our family’s history in the industry and community.
I personally want everyone to feel welcome here as they would in their best friend’s home while we continually strive to make things better for our community, customers and team.
Brian Dawson, General Manager